Playing with Summer ColorsJuly 11, 2019
Summer is officially here! Yet, you probably find yourself going through your closet and finding it full of black, gray, and deeper tones. Don’t worry, we are here to guide you through and up your closet color game. Let’s talk about how to insert vibrancy into your wardrobe and where you can find these bright pops of color at Destin Commons.
Feeling the Blues
Before you think this is going to be something sad, hold tight because this is just about playing with brighter shades of blues, warmer hues of blues, and where to look for them. Buckle up as we take on you a journey through some blues.
- Chico’s – If you have not been in Chico’s lately, now is the time. They offer a wide variety of breathtaking blues that you can add to your closet. We are loving this Jersey Knit Side-Tie Dress which is perfect for a night out with the girls or even a date night.
- Blu Spero – It is impossible to pass by Blu Spero and not be lured in! With a steady supply of new clothes coming into their store, you will find something for every occasion. This adorable Crazy for Summer light blue romper has a subtle print and flattering tie detail. You will find yourself reaching for this easy to wear piece for the duration of summer.
- White House Black Market – When you hear the name White House Black Market, color is definitely not the first thing that comes to mind. Once inside the store, you will find flashes of color at every turn. We adore these Comfort Stretch Ankle Pants in a ceramic blue. Pair them with a cute top and some heels for work and just like that, you’re ready to conquer the day!
Hello Sunshine, Hello Yellow
Yellow is a playful color but some find it a bit intimidating. Don’t fret, there are so many variations of yellow out there that you can play around with which shades and tones work for you. Plus, it adds just the right amount of pop to your closet for summer. So, now is the time to take the plunge and try this happy color!
- Donna Gatta – This gorgeous boutique is filled with bright colors, and yellow is the one color that pops out in every shade imaginable. Try this breathable linen pantsuit romper in mustard yellow. Wear it out and about while shopping here at Destin Commons.
- Lizard Thicket – Don’t you just hate it when you see someone wearing the same outfit? At Lizard Thicket, they only carry limited quantities of each trendy piece. We fell in love with this light yellow Bon Voyage Dress. This dress is ideal for an easy on the go outfit on a hot summer afternoon and the wrap detail is flattering on all body shapes.
- Loft– Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Loft. This Vine Strappy Cami would be great to add to your summer wardrobe. Dress it up with paring it with white pants or make it casual with some jean shorts.
Pretty in Pink
When we say Pretty in Pink, we aren’t just talking about the 80’s hit movie. We are talking about YOU being pretty in anything pink this summer.
- The Copper Closet – Our newest boutique has loads of must-haves for summer, but one of our favorites is this flirty pink skort. Yes, you read that right we said skort. Stylish and functional, this skort has the drape of a skirt but the ease of shorts. Pair this with a cute tank and you’re ready for whatever life throws you!
- Express – Known for their easy to wear, great for all occasions clothing, Express has a spectacular selection to choose from. Don’t you just love when you are out shopping find something eye-catching and the piece is versatile enough for many occasions? This Fluro Pink Romper hits the mark. Pair it with a blazer and you are off to the office or wear it alone with a pair of jeweled heels and you are ready for a summer wedding.
- Francesca’s – They have everything from charming gifts to stylish shoes to fashion forward clothing. The best part is always the clothing! This Adalynn Double Layer Dress is a perfect example of just this. Dress is up with a pair of fun wedges or keep it casual with summer sandals.
Have fun spicing up your closet this summer by getting out there and trying colors you haven’t dared to try before!