Game-Winning MunchiesSeptember 2, 2021
College football season gets underway this weekend and that means you need plenty of game-winning munchies on hand. The Spice and Tea Exchange has some amazing recipes that even the most discerning fan will love.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat in a medium frying pan.
- Brown brats over medium-high heat (about 5 minutes).
- Once brats are slighly browned, add the remaining butter, water, onion, Tailgater’s Spice Blend, and Island Sweet Spice Blend.
- Cook, covered, on meium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until brats are tender and have reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with chives, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon bits.
- Serve with vegetables and crackers.
Everything Bagel Mixed Nuts
- 1 oz. Everything Bagel Spice Blend
- 3 cups raw unsalted nuts (mix of walnuts, pecans, almonds, and/or cashews)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, add nuts, parmesan cheese, and Everything Bagel Spice Blend. Toss.
- In another large bowl, add the egg white and beat until frothy and somewaht stiff.
- Add nut mixture to the egg white and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Spread on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minues until toasted and fragrant, stopping every 10 minutes to scrape up mixtures and lighly toss with a spatula.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Ultimate Sheet Pan Nachos
- 2 Tbsp. Fiesta Taco Blend
- 1 Tbsp. Adobo Spice Blend, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 (15 oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and garlic, and cook until beef has browned, about 3 to 5 minutes making sure to crumble the beek as it cooks. Stir in Fiesta Taco Spice Blend. Drain excess fat.
- Place tortilla chips in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with ground beef mixture, black beans, corn, and cheeses. sprinkle Adobo Spice Blend on top to add flavor to beans and corn.
- Place into oven and bake until heated through and the cheeses have melted, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve immediatley, topped with tomato, onion, jalapeno, sour cream, and cilantro.